History of 410 Squadron



439 Original Squadron Badge (Circa 1951). Note the King George Crown

No. 439 Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force was the overseas successor of No. 123 (Army Co-operation Training) Squadron, which formed at Rockcliffe, Ont., in January 1942. The ancestry of the unit can be traced back to the School of Army Co-operation which originated at Camp Border in 1932, moved to Trenton in 1936 and early in 1939 was absorbed by No. 2(AC) Squadron.


Copyright 1998-2016 Michael T. Melnick. All rights reserved

the unofficial homepage of Tiger Squadron  . .